e-poster presentation guidelines
- All e-posters should be prepared in English
- Presenters are required to attend a rehearsal before the e-conference at a date which will be announced later.
- Each presentation will be allotted 10 minutes followed by 4 minutes of question and answer session.
- The chairperson will keep time and strictly ensure that all presenters adhere to their
- You are required to be on standby with your presentation 15 minutes before the start of the presentation session you are to present.
- Presentations are to be made in the e-poster mode using the Prezi software.
- Recommended Poster size: 56 inches (width) X 36 inches (height)
- The poster must be self-explanatory and cover the same material as the abstract.
- The poster should include your allocated Poster Number on the top left corner.
Instructions to prepare e-poster:
- Use PowerPoint to prepare a poster in portrait style orientation. Recommended Size of
poster: 56 inches (width) X 36 inches (height).
- After completing the PowerPoint presentation, save a copy as a .pdf format. This can be done via “save as” and choosing pdf format.
- Join the Basic Plan for Students and Educators by accessing prezi.com using your
institutional email address and join as a student. Following verification, you can use it to create a prezi presentation.
- Please use the guide “How to do your e-poster by prezi’ prepared by Dr Anand Ramanathan (attached). You can also use the ICOMOI2020 e-poster template (attached) prepared by Dr
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Oral presentations will be conducted online through Microsoft Teams. You will need to upload Microsoft Teams on your computer.
- Presenters will be required to attend a rehearsal before the e-conference at a date which will be announced later.
- All presenters will have to use MS PowerPoint for presentations. Please prepare a PDF copy in case your PowerPoint does not work on the day of the event.
- The total time allotted to each speaker is 10 minutes followed by 4 minutes for questions and answers.
- The chairperson will keep time and strictly ensure that all presenters adhere to their allotted time.
- The speaker will control the slides from his computer. Make use of the PowerPoint presentation laser pointer feature for engaging the audience.
- You are required to be on standby with your presentation 15 minutes before your presentation session.
Suggestions for Oral Presentation
- Display one slide of speaking time per minute. This means approximately 10-12 slides for the 12 minutes presentation.
- We recommend a 16:9 presentation format (4:3 is also acceptable).
- Make the letters on the slides large enough to be clearly visible, a suggested minimum font is 14.
- Put no more than 12 text lines to any slide.
- Keep your presentation as simple as possible to avoid hardware and software conflicts, especially with the use of animation, transition, audio, and video.
- If you need to use audio or video files, you will need to embed them in the PowerPoint.
- Reduce picture resolution to Web/Screen display size. This will allow easier upload, sharing, and a good resolution.