Skip to content
Oral Presentation Guidelines
- Oral presentations will be conducted online through Zoom.
- All presenters will have to use MS PowerPoint for presentations. Please prepare a PDF copy in case your PowerPoint does not work on the day of the event.
- The total time allotted to each speaker is 10 minutes followed by 4 minutes for questions and answers.
- The chairperson will keep time and strictly ensure that all presenters adhere to their allotted time.
- The speaker will control the slides from his computer. Make use of the PowerPoint presentation laser pointer feature for engaging the audience.
- You are required to be on standby with your presentation 15 minutes before your presentation session.
Suggestions for Oral Presentation
- Display one slide of speaking time per minute. This means approximately 10-12 slides for the 12 minutes presentation.
- We recommend a 16:9 presentation format (4:3 is also acceptable).
- Make the letters on the slides large enough to be clearly visible, a suggested minimum font is 14.
- Put no more than 12 text lines to any slide.
- Keep your presentation as simple as possible to avoid hardware and software conflicts, especially with the use of animation, transition, audio, and video.